Fighting Fear! For such a time as this… when you or your children are fearful, why not share God’s words of comfort? For years, if my husband was gone and…
Train-Up Your Child to Be BOLD … and Polite
TRAIN UP YOUR CHILD TO BE BOLD...AND POLITE
When we began our quest, writing The Kingdom Code, to teach kids how to make and manage money, my son Aaron became one of our “guinea pigs.” We asked his opinion on everything. He helped us create projects, design questions, and even posed for some pictures. We asked him what was the most challenging part of the program for him. Aaron quickly stated that asking grownups to pay him for doing a job, was the hardest thing for him. How can we prepare our children to be bold and persevere even when customers tell them no?
How can we prepare our children to be bold and persevere even when customers tell them no?
God’s word teaches us when we are in uncomfortable or unfamiliar situations to be bold.
When I called, you answered me, You made me bold by strengthening my soul. – Psalm 138:3
For young entrepreneurs finding and approaching potential customers can be scary. My sons rely on the following tips to be bold when selling their service businesses:
- At first, try selling to people you already know, then you won’t be as nervous.
- Be prepared and practice what you are going to say.
- Be polite, speak loud and clear.
- Be clear about what exactly you are going to do, when you are going to do it, and how much you will be paid.
- Once a person agrees to purchase your service don’t let them down.
- If you are really nervous, take your mom or dad with you to make the sale. You are still a kid, so it’s OK.
- Thank the people for their time, even if they say no and leave them a business card. They could change their mind or need you in the future.
Within The Kingdom Code money management program your child will learn everything they need to own and run their own business. With every sale they make and dollar they earn, they will grow in their ability to be bold!